Marriage license applicants must appear before the county clerk:
- Gatesville Address: Coryell County Courthouse 620 East Main Street, Gatesville, Texas 76528, 254-865-5911 ext 2278. Hours for the County Courthouse in Gatesville are 8 a.m. - 12 noon and 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. This office observes County Approved Holidays.
- Copperas Cove Address: Coryell County Annex 201 South Second Street Copperas Cove, Tx 76522, 254-547-6517. Hours for the County Annex in Copperas Cove are 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. This office observes County Approved Holidays.
Requirements for the Application for the Marriage License as described in Texas Family Code Section 2.002 - 2.005 are as follows:
- Marriage license applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- Marriage license applicants must submit proof of identity and age, as in a Government issued ID. (Drivers License, Certified copy of Birth Certificate, Military ID, etc.)
- The license cannot be issued if either applicant has been divorced within the last thirty (30) days unless the court issuing the divorce granted a waiver of that thirty day waiting period.
- The license must be used within ninety (90) days however, the license cannot be used for 72 hours unless one of the applicants is Active Duty Military.
If you need additional information or we can be of further assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 254-865-5911 extension 2278.
The fee for a Marriage license is $71.00 (Gatesville County Clerks office accepts cash or local checks, Justice of the Peace in the Copperas Cove office only accepts cash.) The fee is $21.00 if the couple takes the TWOgether in Texas class and presents the completion certificate to the Clerk when applying for the license.
The fee will be waived for Active Duty Military preparing for deployment into a Hostile Fire Zone.